If you’re looking for a United Kingdom vacation outside of the typical London rendezvous, why not consider the metropolitan Leeds? This fourth-largest city in the country boasts some great attractions and sights to see. Also, if you are looking for Hotels in Leeds, you will find a variety of options to fit any vacationers’ needs. If you find yourself in Leeds this summer, be sure to check out some of the following:
1. Leeds is one of the UK’s top shopping destinations! Consider taking your pocketbook to Kirkgate Market or the Corn Exchange to find stores ranging from stylish boutiques to indoor shopping malls. You’ll be sure to go home with some great souvenirs!
2. If you’re hankering for a pint, head down the alleyway to Whitelocks, a famed pub dating back to the 1930s. Raise a glass and enjoy a homemade special!
3. Put on your walking shoes, because Leeds has some great public open spaces to explore. From Kirkstall Abbey to Harewood Hall to Woodhouse Moor, you won’t get bored (although your feet may get tired) traversing the city!
4. Hit up the theaters for a great night out on the town! The 19th Century Grand Theatre and Opera House consistently hosts some excellent shows. Or check out the local music hall, The City Varieties.
5. If you’d rather get your adrenaline up, you could go to Xscape Yorkshire and try out their climbing walls, snow slopes, or other fun activities. Or, enjoy a bite to eat in one of their restaurants and watch those braver than you from afar!
Once you’ve decided on your trip, spend some time considering what type of accommodations will best suit your vacation. Hotels in Leeds range from smaller and more affordable rooms to lush and all-inclusive rooming options. Depending on your travel style (with or without family, romantic, solo), you may want to consider a specific type of rooming arrangement.
Those spending a summer vacation in the United Kingdom can be comfortable thinking outside of the London box. With options like taking a trip to Leeds, you will be sure to have a summer to remember!